Shamwari Game Reserve
The Shamwari Game Reserve is situated in the diverse Eastern Cape Bush half way between Port Elizabeth and Grahamstown along the Bushmens River. Shamwari offers 6 different lodges for guests to choose from for their wildlife safari at Shamwari Game Reserve.
Shamwari Game Reserve is a natural extension for any traveler, travelling up the Garden Route from Cape Town and is also a great way to start your African holiday. Shamwari is about conserving a vanishing way of life and is the realization of one man's dream, and the success of many people's passion. Shamwari is steeped in pioneer history, dating back to when thousands of game roamed wild and free in the Eastern Cape.
Shamwari Game Reserve boasts five eco-systems in its 25,000-hectare reserve and this enables them to support the vast numbers of game and many forms of plant and bird life. The Reserve is a conservation victory by successfully reintroducing the game that once roamed free on this land many years ago.
The rangers and staff at Shamwari Game Reserve will ensure that guests will enjoy a memorable adventure that is personalized to your needs. Boasting a complete wildlife research team and also having its own anti poaching unit allows Shamwari to keep an ecological balance in this reclaimed piece of wilderness
Shamwari Game Reserve offers travellers the following lodges:
- Lobengula Lodge is tucked away in the African bushand offers guests a truely African experience. Guests experience a tranquil, luxurious and exclusive getaway in an ethnically decorated lodge on Shamwari Game Reserve when they visit Lobengula Lodge. They serve fantastic meals either on the deck or in the dining areas and when meals are taken on the deck, guests can enjoy fantastic views over the bushveld. There is also an outdoor boma area, where guests can enjoy meals under the stars and around the fire. The spa and gym are available for guests to enjoy as well as the lounge area to sit and relax. Game activities are professional and very enjoyable with only a maximum of six guests on one vehicle.
- Bayethe Lodge offers guests luxury tented accommodation that provide privacy and a feeling of seclusion, with each luxury tent sleeping aximum of two adults. The twelve tents have all the luxury facilities one would expect from a five star accommodation, in and outdoor facilities, outdoor deck with swimming pool, and business desk with internet access just to mention a few. The tents are surrouded by rich vegetation and with all the activites within the reserve that guests can part take in, this is as close to mother nature as one can get.
- Sarili Lodge this enviromentally friendly lodge is the perfect destination for families, groups or friends. With decks overlooking the Bushmen's River and view of the grassy plains of ancient Africa, its no wonder the lodge can provide the perfect combination betweeen a colonial and bush expeience. At the very same time provide guest luxury accommodation, activities are well planned as there are also activities for children.
- Riverdene Lodge this five star luxury lodge that makes families to feel at home and also caters for children of all ages as it is also a family lodge, with the Kids on Safari program. The lodge consists of nine luxury rooms, a boma overlooking Bushmen's River, in and outdoor dining facilities and supervised children's play room & jungle room. These are just the few faiclities that the lodge offers to guests.
- Long Lee Manor the Edwardain Manor House still with traditional colonial style accommodation, with pool and ponds, with luxury rooms which overlooks the beatiful wildlife. The Manor has a conference facility, in & outdoor dining facilities and a fitness centre, with activities to keep guests entertained and mouth watering meals its no wonder the Manor is rated five star.
- Villa Lobengula this is the place where your soul can rejuvenate in a beautiful space, that is tucked away in the depth of the valley bushveld. The Villa offers guests a range of holistic therapies to enchant and sitimulate the senses, which unclude the Zen, Thai massage and Yoga therapy. The Villa also support community development programs where it is possible, as some of the decor at the Villa are made by ladies from the villages. The lodgess wildlife activities include guided game drives, guided game walks, picnics, camping and sundowners.
- Eagles Crag Lodge this luxurious lodge is surrounded by mountain cliffs and the suites are fashioned in glass and stone, so guests will get to see the beauty of these mountains. All nine suites are very private and comfortable, the five star lodge offers boardroom, business desk with internet access for business and therapy rooms, steam room & sauna after a lond day.