The original Big 7 Safari Addo National Park and Algoa Bay
The original Big 7 Safari first explores the waters of Algoa Bay, where they search the protected waters for dolphins, seals, sharks and the seasonal humpback and southern right whales frolicking and breeding in the temperate water. The group heads for the historical St Croix group of islands were 20,000 pairs of African penguins roost and breed amongst the other inhabitants. The striking gannets can also be seen performing aerial feats, diving deep into the water to harvest sardines in bait balls. The ocean safari then returns to the harbour for guests to enjoy lunch at the Yacht club, where the setting is wonderful and the food excellent.
Then the tour continues into the Addo National Park after lunch. Entering the new Southern Gate entrance, the guests enjoy game viewing of various animals, including possible sightings of the Big 5 (elephant, rhino, buffalo, lion and leopard). The group enjoys 3 hours animal watching before leaving the reserve to travel back to Port Elizabeth.
- 8.00 a.m: guests are collected at their place of residence in Port Elizabeth.
- Travel to the small boat harbour in the Port Elizabeth harbour and check in and board the boat for their ocean safari.
- Group embarks on a 3-hour odyssey into Algoa bay.
- After lunch the group departs for the Addo Elephant National Park.
- Entering the south gate and the start of the game drive before entering the original section.
- The tour then departs the Addo National Park inthe later parts of the afternoon to depart for Port Elizabeth or partake in the optional add on night drive.
- A single supplement is subject to a 40% increase on advertised rates.
- Children from 1 to 4 years are free of charge.
- Children between 4 and 12 pay half of the adult rate.
If the reservation is cancelled by the client, cancellation fees will be due and payable according to the following:
- 30 to 45 days prior to planned departure date, a refund of the amount paid in excess of the non-refundable deposit.
- 21 to 30 days prior to the planned tour departure date, a refund of the amount paid in excess of the non-refundable deposit plus 25%
- 20 days or less to the planned tour departure date, no refund.
If the reservation is cancelled by the operator, who reserves the right to do so by discretion, then the full amount paid shall be refunded to the client
Book for more than 6 people, contact us directly
Any location in Port Elizabeth
- Guided tour
- 3-hour marine safari
- Light lunch
- Conservation / entrance fees
- 3-hour game drive in Addo Elephant National Park
- Curios and other shopping
- Alcoholic beverages
Optional Extra: On returning to the Main Camp we take a comfort break before boarding an open vehicle for the Sunset drive for a fascinating insight into some of the park's nocturnal inhabitants. The drive includes a sunset break with snacks and drinks before continuing with the aid of a powerful spotlight. After the drive we return to Port Elizabeth.
Customize it Book Now